How to Get a Temporary Library Card
This is only for people who live in the Cahokia Public Library District service area that do not already have a library card.
This card will only give you access to our digital resources (i.e. Cloud Library), and since it is a temporary card it will expire in 2 months.
After you submit your request, please wait for the confirmation screen. PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU WRITE DOWN THE TEMPORARY CARD NUMBER. If you do not keep the temporary card number, you will not be able to access the digital services.
Click on this link to access the account log-on page for our database.
Click on "register now." A pop-up message that reads "you must be 13 or older" may appear, if so click "OK."
Select Cahokia Public Library District as the home library. Type 62206 for the zip code. Click Continue.
Select your city, then click Continue.
The top of the page will read "you can pick up your card at the branch specified." We will not be making a physical card for you to pick up so you will not need to come to the library - this only gives access to the digital resources.
Filling out the Registration Form
The required fields are marked with a red asterisk (*) in the Contact Information, Preferences, and Log-on Information sections.
- For Preferences, select "Phone 1" and choose your carrier for texting.
- Parent/Guardian is not required, so you can either leave it empty or you can type "none."
- The Username must start with a letter.
- The Password should be a 4-digit number. This PIN will be your password for some of the resources, so make sure it's something you'll remember. Type in this same number in the "Verification" field.
- When all information is filled out, submit the form.
Once you have submitted your registration form, you will get a confirmation page. You will NOT get an email confirming that the form was submitted. If your page shows the image below, that means you successfully submitted the form.
PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU WRITE DOWN THE TEMPORARY CARD NUMBER. This is the barcode you will use to access digital resources.
If you have any issues completing the form, please contact us by email at email@example.com