General Information About Coronaviruses
• Named for the crown-like spikes on the surface of the virus
• Human coronaviruses cause respiratory illnesses.
• Coronaviruses spread person to person through when an infected person coughs or
sneezes and someone else breathes those droplets in.
• COVID-19 can cause respiratory illness that ranges from mild to severe, or even
• Symptoms usually start between 2 to 14 days after infection.
If you believe you have been exposed to COVID-19 and are showing symptoms please contact the doctor’s office or emergency room before arriving!
What Can You Do to Help Reduce the Spread of Illness
• Clean your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
• When and How to Wash Your Hands.
• Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
• Avoid close contact.
• Use of cloth face coverings when around others.
• Cover coughs and sneezes.
• Clean and disinfect.
For a more in depth list and information visit How to Protect Yourself & Others.
Important Phone Numbers and Emails
• In Illinois:
o Illinois Coronavirus Hotline: 1-800-889-3931
o Email: email@example.com
• In Missouri
o Missouri Coronavirus Hotline: 877-435-8411
o Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• World Health Organization (WHO)
• Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
• Illinois Department of Public Health
• Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services
• Coronavirus COVID-19 Global Cases by the Center for Systems and Engineering